Note: For information on the latest Master Control 2.0 go here.|
Master Control 1.2 : Hardware Controller
|Hardware: See Supported Devices section below|
Recommended: USB/Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse
"Master Control is an amazing addition to a TriCaster. It provides the missing link for fast-paced, intensive productions, by enabling users to program macros to reliably reproduce complex events that would be impossible to do manually. For news, sports or really anything else, I wouldn't want to switch a TriCaster show without one anymore. " - Kris Gurrad, ABC (KATU-TV)
Master Control is a fully customizable tablet computer based control system for devices/software of various kinds. Based on our very popular Macro Panel control system, with integrated technologies relied upon by industry leaders including organizations such as: FOX, ABC, NBC, NBA Entertainment, Sports Canada, The Nielsen Company, The Shopping Channel, American Law Institute, and NASA, Master Control provides next generation features such as touch screen control, customizable button graphics and labels, and much more. It allows complex control of hundreds of functions on multiple devices simultaneously with single keypresses. Do things you only dreamed about until now. It will revolutionize the way you operate equipment, and introduces exciting new functionality and ease of use for operators.
"We thought Macro Panel was amazing, WOW! - We'll never use a TriCaster without Master Control now!" - John Powell, Studio Hudson
Dreams Become Reality
Gone are the days of fumbling around mouse or clumsy keypad driven device interfaces and accidentally triggering actions you didn't intend. No more missed cues - the result of insufficient time to access functions. No longer is it necessary to memorize multi-step actions needed for creating your favorite production effects. No more unreliable or cryptic ctrl/alt/shift keyboard shortcuts. And no more stressful training sessions when you need to call in extra help at the last minute. What you see is what you get.
Imagine being able to synchronize complex, time-sensitive procedures involving input switching, transitioning, audio mixing, overlay selection, camera positioning, and more... all simultaneously... and all triggered by a single button press. It's no longer just a dream... and no longer has to cost tens of thousands of dollars... Master Control is finally here!
Whether you run a one man show or are part of a full production team, you never seem to have enough hands to do all that needs to be done - particularly when live broadcasting. Master Control can be used as a standalone control interface, or operated simultaneously with other device accessories (mouse, keyboard, LC-11, TimeWarp). It can control most functions of supported devices including some extras that can't be achieved any other way. So, whether you need more hands to assist, or have more hands than places to put them, your productions are now able to become a lot less nerve-racking, and a lot more productive.
"We saved over $30,000 by switching to Macro Panel. Unbelievable product. Flexible, gave us more options and brought our production to the next level. So impressed we purchased two." - Trevor Parks, Sports Information Director, Youngstown State University
What you can do right away
Out of the box, Master Control comes preconfigured with various mapping layouts to get you started immediately with supported devices. But the real power is in the ability to customize it to do whatever you need. The built-in Macro Editor provides the ability to create your own sequences of controls, not for just one device, but for any combination of supported devices - all in the same macro. The Live Test mode and Quick Test function make it easy to try out your ideas quickly without having to build full layouts first. After you've built one or more custom macros, the Design Mode lets you assign them to buttons with various style and labelling options.
But it doesn't stop there.
"I just completed a two day webcast using the Macro Panel and it helped breathe new life into my broadcast!" - Patrick Spohrer, Monkey With A Gun
What else can it do?
Anything you can imagine. Just about everything you can do manually on supported devices with one or more mouse clicks, or by navigating through numerous tabs and settings, panel interfaces, etc... all of this can be defined as a macro and triggered with a single keypress. It can even accomplish time-sensitive and precision setting procedures that can not be done manually because you can't move your hands fast enough or don't have accurate control of the parameter values. Whatever your needs are... Master Control can be customized to suit your specific requirements. And you're not limited to the number of defined control buttons on the macro interface, although there are plenty of them, as the entire panel or specific sections of it can be remapped at the press of a button, too. Smart buttons can even alter other buttons, or themselves, to provide related additional controls. So, buttons can easily be used for multiple purposes but still remain obvious in functions with the ability to relabel themselves.
Note that Master Control does NOT make use of unreliable keyboard shortcut simulation to control software based systems. It directly controls the devices to ensure reliability.
- Macros: 105 fully customizable and remappable smart buttons - 15 of which are always accessible on all interface tabs, 5 programmable status displays
- Button Editor: Style, Color, Font (Name/Style/Size/Color), Enable/Disable, Assign Macro
- Macro Editor: Device/Control/Parameter selections with Quick Test, Time, Step Up/Down, Time-Shift, Add/Delete, Edit, Clear, Test
- Internal Commands: Iteration (Repeat/Pause), Macros (Button Enable/Disable), Label (Clear/Set), Macro (Clear/Set), Open Map
- Configuration: Design Mode, Mute, Logging; Maps (New/Open/Save/Save As), Date/Time Settings
- Web Browser: Standard web browser (Internet Explorer underlying technology)
- Business class, multi-touch tablet manufactured by industry leader HP
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Memory: 2GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Internal storage: 64GB Solid State Drive
- Dual Input: Multi-Touch (4 points) and Digital Pen with Handwriting recognition
- Tablet components: 8.9" WSVGA wide touchscreen, Dual Cameras (Outward Facing 3 MP Camera, Inward Facing VGA Webcam), Stereo speakers (High Definition Audio), Microphone
- Ports (Internal): SD Card Reader (SDHC, xD-Picture), USB 2.0, Combo Stereo Headphones + Microphone
- Ports (Docking Cradle): 2 x USB 2.0, HDMI Out
- Communications: 802.11 b/g/n wireless, Bluetooth 3.0
- Weight: 1.5 lb
- Dimensions: 9.21 x 0.58 x 5.91 inches
- Included: Docking Cradle, Digital Pen, Portfolio case, AC Adaptor (100-240V Type B)
- Warranty: 1 year
NewTek TriCaster XD300/XD450/XD850:
- Special Features:
- Network (wireless/wired) communication allows control of any TriCaster from anywhere
- Multiple Master Control systems can simultaneously control the same TriCaster
- Audio Mixer: Inputs (Balance, Follow, Mono, Mute, Solo, Type, Volume), Mics (Balance, Mute, Trim, Volume), Master (Balance, Headphones, Volume), Preset
- DDR: Autoplay, Loop, Play, Preset, Remove Selected, Select, Single, Speed, Stop
- Delegate Assign: Media, Transition, Utility, Virtual Input
- Monitoring: Show Tab
- Record: On/Off, Grab Still
- Sounds: Autoplay, Loop, Play, Preset, Remove Selected, Select, Single, Stop
- Stills: Autoplay, Loop, Play, Preset, Remove Selected, Select, Single, Stop
- Stream: On/Off
- Switcher: BKGD (Auto, Effect, Ping Pong, Speed, Take), Configuration (LiveMatte/ProcAmp Toggle), DSK (Auto, Crop, Effect, Position, Rotation, Scale, Speed, Take), FTB (Auto, Take), Preview/Program/Utility Source
- Titles: Autoplay, Loop, Play, Preset, Remove Selected, Select, Single, Stop
- Virtual Inputs (V#): Input A/B (Crop, Position, Rotation, Scale, Source), Overlay (Auto, Crop, Effect, Position, Rotation, Scale, Source, Speed, Take), Preset, Zoom (Animate, Preset, Speed)
- * Controls vary depending on TriCaster version (Rev3d recommended).
NewTek 3Play 820:
- Special Features:
- Network (wireless/wired) communication allows control of any 3Play from anywhere
- Multiple Master Control systems can simultaneously control the same 3Play
- Clip Management: Add Selected, Cue Point (Goto/Set), Remove Selected, Jog (Frames/Seconds/Minutes)
- Configuration: Camera
- Playback: Loop Play List, Play, Speed, Stop
- Record: On/Off, New Clip (Mark)
- Selection: Bank/Page, Column, List, Row,
- Other: Live, Output, Output Sync